lkj

23 June 2011

52 lists in 52 weeks #3

The beach where I first learned to sea fish


This weeks list was very topical: "things I learned from my dad", I'm a bit late in posting this, but Fathers day isn't the greatest day of the year for me and I wanted to wait until I could write this as a positive list rather than a list of all the reasons that make me miss him. 
I had to narrow this down, one because I didn't want to bore the socks off of anyone but also because there was simply too much to write. This was actually a really nice list to write, I don't think we really appreciate our parents as much as we should do until we sit down and actually think about everything that they've taught us and done for us. 


Things I learned from my Father


* How to set a fishing line
* To see the beauty in everything
* How to find and repair a puncture
* To spot constellations
* (& my mother) How wonderful marriage can be
* To work hard, play hard and love harder


But perhaps most importantly, although this was a joint effort by both of my parents - they taught me how to love. Which of course, is the most important lesson we ever learn. 


The most important thing in life is to learn how to give out love, and to let it come in.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thank you so much for taking the time to leave a comment - I love getting to know you guys and I really appreciate each and every note you leave!

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...