lkj

08 June 2011

Lemon Juice & Morning Smiles

Favim.com-33365_large



Over the last few months I've developed a sort of routine for my mornings, its become an essential part of my day. I love the morning, its a beautiful time of day, especially here, in this place which is full of students. The night here means people, artificial lights and noise, but in the morning - there's quiet, peace and the first few hours of daylight which always seem somewhat surreal to me. Those first few hours, before my flatmates are awake, before I can hear people outside - those hours are exclusively mine. To run, to write, to dance, to practice yoga, to sing, to make music - to just be me. Before the day begins to place demands on me, and before I have things that need doing - I can take those moments and just be me.
Every day I meditate, take a few minutes to just clear my head, be still and just breathe. The sitting cross-legged thing doesn't really work for me, it just doesn't click. But I have this teacup, and a matching saucer. Every morning I drink hot water with lemon juice, always with my favourite teacup and always always with the saucer. Holding that cup, feeling its familiar shape  while I'm drinking - thats my meditation, it signifies the end of my precious morning hours and the start of my day. 


“And barefoot or first thing in the morning, I feel beautiful. Because I feel like me. I didn't always feel that way, but I feel that way now."


It makes me feel good, I start the day with a smile, a clear head and a decision that the day ahead is going to be awesome. I believe that everyone should start their day like this, you don't have to get up early, you don't have to drink something particular - just take a few moments to yourself, slow down and decide the day is going to be awesome. 
Start with a smile and wear it all day 

2 comments:

  1. Such a lovely post. I get up early every day to do exacty the same thing, and steal a few hours before the world wakes up. Thanks for your sweet comment on my blog. Drop me an email siobhan.watts@yahoo.co.uk with your blog button (just a simple jpeg will be fine until I'm more tech advanced!) and I'll send you mine. Have a great day!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thanks Siobhan, I'll be sure to do that!

    ReplyDelete

Thank you so much for taking the time to leave a comment - I love getting to know you guys and I really appreciate each and every note you leave!

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...