lkj

07 July 2011

Quick Update + Photography Stuff

Sorry for the total lack of posting this week - been mega-busy and currently working on a complete blog re-design, which is proving to be somewhat challenging given my complete lack of CSS knowledge. Which has also resulted in my downloading of way too many photoshop brushes and subsequent wasting of many hours playing around with them. So, so glad I have a graphics tablet, I think I'd have worn my laptop trackpad out! If all goes to plan, I'll have the new design completely finished by the end of the weekend, I'm really excited about this - just hope it works! It'll be nice to have the blog looking a little more 'me' and a little less, well, purple and boring.


  Taken to wandering around in the woods behind my house with no shoes, my camera and the dog. Found some pretty awesome little places but am also starting to think that the woman who lives opposite us thinks I'm a slightly odd soul.



Completely ignored didn't notice this sign, I hate these signs. This probably has a lot to do with the fact I tend to do the opposite of what I'm told to do, but also it makes me curious. Especially in the middle of a wood when I know full well there's a footpath the other side. Turns out that there's a piece of private woodland about the size of a football field with a public footpath on either side. Strange or what?


This place is gorgeous. Its kind of in a little bit of a clearing so the sunshine comes through the trees but it still has that woodland cool, the waters unbelievably clear and absolutely freezing. I've never seen anyone else there, it adds to the charm - its like my own little river.


Found this field, which made me really really happy. There's something extraordinarily beautiful about the tangled, untouched mess of grass and colour that is a field of wildflowers. 


Also found this place, the windows are smashed in and the gates seen better days. I can't work out what it is/used to be. I was wondering if it was a wildlife hut, but around here they tend to be made of wood, not whitewashed brick. Its literally in the middle of the woods, it would make the best place to go to get away from the world for a while.

I love where I live. I miss the sea but I love the country.

1 comment:

  1. Wow it looks so beautiful! It looks a lot like the river and surrounding fields near where I grew up in Devon. Looking forward to seeing your new blog design. Have a great weekend!

    ReplyDelete

Thank you so much for taking the time to leave a comment - I love getting to know you guys and I really appreciate each and every note you leave!

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...