lkj

21 July 2011

Squares Squared

Tumblr_l0xrrzy0vg1qzb6alo1_500_large




I'm pretty much seeing in squares these days. A couple of months back while I was still at Uni, my nan gave me a massive bag full of yarn, all different colours and weights. I briefly mentioned blanket squares in this five for friday, and thats what I've been doing with all that yarn. They're quite small squares really so they knit up fairly quickly and I've been experimenting with different stitches - both because it'll make it look a bit more interesting and also I'm in need of practice! I'm almost 30 squares in now - I know how big I want the blanket to be so it's just a case of keep knitting till I've got enough squares!

I really want to take pictures of the stitches I like, but they're not turning out very well at all using my phone. I got the quote back for my camera today and am still in shock. I had no idea it was going to be as expensive as they've quoted me. I'm trying to decide what to do, at the moment the best option seems to be to have it returned and to buy a second hand body as, bizarrely, its cheaper than having it repaired!

The picture at the top of this post doesn't have a lot to do with anything I've talked about really... But it reminds me of winters curled up with a ball of wool and  a movie on my laptop.

1 comment:

  1. that photo is hurting my head. how can you both be in the photo, and taking the photo! GGGGGGGGGGAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAA!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

    ReplyDelete

Thank you so much for taking the time to leave a comment - I love getting to know you guys and I really appreciate each and every note you leave!

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...