lkj

20 January 2012

friday favourites #3



I haven't been getting out of the house much, revision has taken over my life and I'm concentrating most of my efforts on that at the moment. I do however, keep my camera handy because its a welcome distraction at times and stops me from going completely mental.

I have a crystal hanging in my window, and because of the window aspect it catches the light pretty much all day and makes rainbows everywhere. I tried yesterday to try and photograph every colour of the spectrum being reflected at different times. It didn't work out too well - I got red, green and yellow no problem but the others were pretty much impossible!

 I did however, shoot this. Which I'm really loving. I wasn't intending to get myself in the reflection (or make it look like I was holding a house) and the crystal was supposed to be the main focus of the piece but my little compact wasn't having any of it and decided that my hands and the house next door were far more interesting. I really love how it turned out though, it reminds me of double-exposed film. And I really love double exposed film.

3 comments:

  1. I really loved this one! You can come by so many unseen motives just by being slightly more attentive, just like with this one! I hope you'll find more time to be creative soon. I'm sort of in the same situation as you :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. I love that picture! It's beautiful! I like that you got your own reflection in it :)

    Have a good week!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Thankyou!
    Halina - I'm looking forward to finishing up with revision so I don't feel guilty when I'm not studying!
    Nina - It was a total accident but I love it! Hope you have a great week too (:

    ReplyDelete

Thank you so much for taking the time to leave a comment - I love getting to know you guys and I really appreciate each and every note you leave!

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...