lkj

23 February 2012

the change bug

Every now and again I catch what I affectionately refer to as the 'change bug' a somewhat distracting illness that makes me want to change pretty much everything about my life. Well, everything might be a slight exaggeration, but something in me is definitely crying out for change at the moment. Both small scale and large scale, obviously large scale is a little harder to address, but I'm figuring that there's no reason why I can't take a look at some of the small things and figure out what it is I need from life at the moment.I'm a firm believer that change is good for us, something that should be embraced rather than feared. Of course, change can be scary, its natural for us to fear the unknown, but its also beautiful - it forces us to experience new things, deal with new situations. Most importantly? It makes us see ourselves in a new light, a positive light, an "I can deal with this" light, even for the really simple stuff. Even the change that is terrible and heartbreaking can be good, eventually, even if its just in a tiny little way. So I thought maybe it would be fun to share some of the stuff that I've been thinking about a lot recently, my main reason for keeping this blog really is to keep a record of my life and its important to me to keep track of shift in my thinking as well as things that I'm physically doing. For those of you who follow me on Pinterest, I apologise - most of the images are taken from my pins because thats what I use to keep track of all my internet 'stuff'.

For some completely unknown reason, I have fallen in love with red hair. Like, seriously fallen in love. If you follow me on pinterest then you may have noticed the sudden influx of red hair pins. I don't even know why, I mean, I'm pretty happy with my hair colour. But I really really really love red hair at the moment. Its a good job I'm so terrified of hair dye, otherwise I would definitely have made the switch. Its also a good job that my mum is getting married later this year, otherwise I probably would have conquered that fear already! Who knows, maybe I'll still be feeling like this in the summer and something involving plastic gloves and the bathroom sink will happen. We'll see.



all images from my pinterest where credit is given

I've also been feeling a little bored of the blog design recently, I know I only redid it a few months back - but I feel like I want to change it again already! Each time I re-do it I learn so much more about HTML and CSS and I feel like I'm ready to learn a load more. I think the thing thats most of a problem to me at the moment is the colour scheme- so I've been browsing Design Seeds for inspiration. I've been really drawn to warmer colours and pastels, probably because its almost spring! Its been really hard narrowing it down, but I think it'll be one of these three...











I've also been wanting to make some change to my room, decorating isn't really all that easy when you live in rented student accomodation, but I've seen a few DIY's around that I'd really like to try to brighten the place up a bit. I'm really lucky to have a really big bedroom and it works really well for me as I've divided it up into different 'zones'. I try to keep my desk just for doing uni work, the other side of my room for sleeping and chilling out and a bit of floor in front of my window that is the perfect size for my yoga mat. I've rearranged my room quite a few times to figure out how it works best, and I think I've got it down now! Just a few bits and bobs I've seen recently that I might have a go at...




Source: folksy.com via Vicky on Pinterest





Source: craftsy.com via Vicky on Pinterest






Do any of you get like this? Or am I the only one with the crazy need to change things up every now and again?!

4 comments:

  1. Come and join the ginger club :D
    I seem to get that kind of restless feeling every few months, and I never remembered what I did last time to get rid of it! At least I get to go back to work next week so that will count as my 'change' :)
    And that love heart garland is lurvely.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Haha, by the end of this year I might well have done!
      I get it every now and again, I find it goes away quickest if I listen to it!
      I really want to make one, I'm just not sure I can bring myself to destroy a book...

      Delete
  2. I'm the same! I'm just always so busy. D:

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thats what I feel like, I think I just need to waste less time!

      Delete

Thank you so much for taking the time to leave a comment - I love getting to know you guys and I really appreciate each and every note you leave!

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...