lkj

10 February 2012

friday favourites #5




I'm not usually the biggest fan of photographing flowers, all my shots seems to turn out looking pretty similar. I guess I need to play around a bit more with angles and composition. That said, I do find them a really good subject for playing around with different shot settings. Here I was experimenting with depth of field, I got a few shots that I was really pleased with but I think this one was my favourite. The only thing that I feel lets it down is the petal in the bottom right corner, I tried cropping it out but it just didn't look right.

I feel at the moment like my camera is running a little sluggishly, it probably needs a professional clean and overhaul but I can't really afford to pay for that at the moment. Do any of you photographer types have any advice for giving it a good clean?

6 comments:

  1. I love this! It's such a beautiful photo! I wouldn't worry about that petal - I actually rather like it. It adds a 3rd layer to the image. The colours are amazing too - can't wait to see your next photo. Don't be afraid to post more flower pics! x

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thankyou! I hadn't actually looked at it like that - I guess it kinda does!

      Delete
  2. Well I think it's a lovely picture. (:

    ReplyDelete
  3. Lovely :) I'm a huge fan of flower photography, but it has very often ended up that as almost the only thing I take photos of during the summer. So I'm trying to challenge myself and NOT take flowers and close-ups. It's hard when the subjects are so beautiful though!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I think I started to not like it because it was all I ever took photos of! I do find it hard to resist in the spring and summer though!

      Delete

Thank you so much for taking the time to leave a comment - I love getting to know you guys and I really appreciate each and every note you leave!

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...