lkj

28 February 2012

my new favourite breakfast


The last couple of weeks I've been quite aware that I haven't always been getting my 5 a day. When I'm home we almost always have smoothies in the fridge, but they're a tad expensive for a student budget! Fruit however, is pretty cheap, especially if you avoid buying things that are out of season. Fruit juice is pretty cheap as well if you stick to the supermarket brands. I'm not the best person at eating breakfast, I have to be up for quite a while before I can stomach the idea of eating (pun intended). So smoothies are great for the days when I get up a little later and don't feel like eating before I head off to Uni. The only problem is the fact that my hand blender is MEGA loud and thus ensures that the rest of the house is awake... But really I'm doing them a favour by getting them up nice and early.


This tastes amazing. Seriously. Amazing. Also, it even looks healthy, so basically I will drink it until I get sick of it or the world runs out of bananas. And, its super quick to make. Could this get any better? I think not.

1 Bannana - sliced
1 orange - peeled
Natural yoghurt
Rice milk/Regular milk

Blend the bannana, orange and milk together until smooth & then add yoghurt to taste. If you're not keen on 'bits' in your smoothies then you could strain it, but you'll have to make sure that its thin enough to strain first.

Enjoy!


 

12 comments:

  1. Looks awesome. I'm a big fan of smoothies :) haven't tried the green monster yet. Too scared.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Me neither! Maybe we should agree a day and just go for it! Its the colour that puts me off, I think I'd have to close my eyes or something. Or maybe drink it out of a sippy cup...

      Delete
  2. YUM and I totally dig the new header ;) xx

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. It is, so good! Thanks, I really love it! x

      Delete
  3. mmm this sounds {and looks} so good. i love smoothie meals!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I've always loved them but I'd like to start experimenting a little more - I've only ever really used fruit, yoghurt and milk. I've seen loads on pinterest I'd like to try with veggies though!

      Delete
  4. Yummooo! That looks amazing! At first I thought "what a weird combo" but it actually sounds delish! Thanks for stopping by my blog before, I really appreciate it :) xo

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. No worries - I really enjoy your blog! Haha, I guess it does look like a pretty weird combination, but the taste makes up for it!

      Delete
  5. I am crazy about smoothies. Where I lived before, there were a amazing shop... I miss it :)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Where I lived last year did these great breakfast smoothies with oats in - they were so good!

      Delete
  6. ooo this looks SO tasty! I used to make smoothies all the time, but since I got married we don't have a blender so I haven't been able to make them! :(
    I might just have to get one now! hehe!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I wouldn't be without mine! I only have a hand blender so I have to be careful otherwise I decorate the kitchen with juice! I think its probably my favourite kitchen appliance, maybe. Or the kettle. Its definitely in my top two, because obviously I spend a lot of time thinking about this...

      Delete

Thank you so much for taking the time to leave a comment - I love getting to know you guys and I really appreciate each and every note you leave!

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...