lkj

05 March 2012

stills from this weekend


Had a couple of those lazy productive days this weekend, got tons done but didn't seem that busy. We were meant to go out Friday evening but ended up staying in with H for a quiet few. Just before 10 we made a supply dash which resulted in an entire bar of chocolate and a whole bag of marshmallows being consumed in melted combination. Perfect. M also proved it was possible for a bar of chocolate to be consumed in less than a minute and R continued his success as a mixologist with a vodka, orange juice, ginger ale, soy sauce, hendersons relish and lime cordial combination. It sounds like the worst thing ever but it was pretty damn good! We really should learn to trust his mixing instincts, he's obviously a natural.

Saturday afternoon I took my camera out for a wander round my neighbourhood to check off the prompt from March #photoaday, it was late afternoon and the light was perfect - the sun dipped below the horizon just as I walked past this old church. Post 7pm was an ice cream deal featuring Game of Thrones - I was kinda skeptical about whether the series would live up to the books but so far its doing a pretty good job. Then, for some completely obscure reason we watched Starship Troopers. Why this occurred I shall probably never, ever know.

Sunday was filled with studying and knitting, meeting the KnitSoc girls for a chat is just the perfect thing for a Sunday afternoon. We had tickets for a comedy night Sunday eve that included dinner from the union bar so food and laughter ensued. To be honest, it was a pretty awesome weekend.

13 comments:

  1. Ah! Gorgeous photos. And that sounds like a truly perfect weekend. Love it. :)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thankyou! It was the best kind of weekend, wish they could all be like that!

      Delete
  2. Ah! Gorgeous photos. And that sounds like a truly perfect weekend. Love it. :)

    ReplyDelete
  3. Oh, this looks like a lovely walk on a late afternoon. And your bed looks sooo big and comfy, awesome! :)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. It was an absolutely beautiful day, it put me in such a good mood!

      Delete
  4. those lazy AND productive weekends are always the best :) lovely pictures too!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. they really are - I just wish I could have more of them! thankyou!

      Delete
  5. i love them, especially the light!

    (New blog needing some love and support: http://inwhirlofinspiration.blogspot.com)

    ReplyDelete
  6. I love game of thrones!! x

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Me too! I absolutely loved the book - I got completely wrapped up in it! I'm really impressed with the series so far, I always get really worried that any adaptation of a book I love will ruin it!

      Delete
  7. Hello darling!! i just found your blog and i must say that i really admire your work here,i love meeting talented people like you!! keep it up.btw,i'm following u now via gfc and bloglovin.hope u can check out my blog and return the favor if u like.

    Mitch,xx

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Aww thanks! I'll pop on over and have a look at yours!

      Delete

Thank you so much for taking the time to leave a comment - I love getting to know you guys and I really appreciate each and every note you leave!

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...