lkj

03 March 2012

taking it one step further

So some of you might remember when I started the friday favourites series, I explained that I wanted to get back into photography and start capturing things regularly again. I've found it really helpful - I think creativity is like anything else, the more you do it the better at it you are. I've started carrying my camera everywhere with me again and I've been taking a LOT more pictures!

This month I'm going to take that a step further - with the March photo a day challenge. Its almost like a mini version of Project 365 but each day you have a prompt which you interpret however you want. Some people may find this a bit restrictive but I'm often grateful for a starting point - whether its something to take literally or just a launchpad for other ideas. I think often familiarity can result in a lack of inspiration, so I'm really looking forward to having a reason to look for the details in everyday things. So basically, this should be fun! Challenging maybe, but fun. I've deliberately not studied the list in detail - I want this to be a pretty spontaneous project, not something that I have planned out in my head a few days before.



For the complete lowdown, I suggest you pay the lady behind all of this a visit!

I don't have instagram so I'll be shooting everything with my SLR. I haven't figured out yet how I'm going to display everything, I'm hoping I'll get a brainwave soon! Have any of you done this before without instagram? How did you display everything?

Let me know if any of you are taking part - I'd love to see what you come up with!

Vic xo

15 comments:

  1. I love that you're doing this! I'm so excited to see your pictures :)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I'm really looking forward to it! Are you doing it?

      Delete
  2. I think I might do to try and kick start my 365 challenge back into gear. Been feeling frustrated at not being doing much photography. D:

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Me too, I've been a lot better but not as good as I'd like to be! I'll be home for Easter & we should take our cameras for a walk (:

      Delete
    2. I like this plan alot. (:

      Delete
  3. Yay! Velly, velly good idea. I want to do this but with Uni starting tomorrow I'm worried I'll get overwhelmed! Make sure you post everyday or else! I'm excited to see what you come up with!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Maybe join in next month once you've got into the swing of things? I'm really enjoying it so far!

      Delete
  4. Totally love that you're taking part. Love seeing your photo talented girl! x

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thankyou, you're too sweet! I really really wish I had instagram for this!

      Delete
  5. I love photo a day challenges! So much fun, and surprisingly easy to keep up with once you get into the habit! good luck with yours, excited to see the photos! x

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I hope you're right! I'm really enjoying it so far, I love how open the prompts are in terms of interpretation. I've often thought about doing project 365 but I'm pretty sure I'd run out of steam after a while - this may be the perfect solution!

      Delete
  6. This looks so cool. I would love to see some of these shot with film. It's going to be a lot of fun to see what the results will be! Btw, I really like that photo of you in the left corner! You look gorgeous :D

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks Anna, I decided to take the self-portrait plunge and just go for it! Scary! Actually, shooting some of these with film is a great idea - I have some old expired film that would be perfect!

      Delete
  7. I recently stumbled across your blog and I LOVE it! I love the layout to the content and everything in between! I am your newest, most avid follower.

    Love from, THE EASTERN PEARL

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thankyou for stopping by and taking the time to leave a comment (: I'll be sure to pop over to you and have a look around!

      Delete

Thank you so much for taking the time to leave a comment - I love getting to know you guys and I really appreciate each and every note you leave!

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...