lkj

20 March 2012

this weekend I

I feel like I should put a disclaimer at the top of this post to warn of the quantity of photos...


I went home this weekend for the first weekend in a while, I left my laptop behind and had a really chilled out weekend. Saturday was full of food and drink, I met a couple of my best friends for coffee in the afternoon and ate some pretty fantastic food with my family in the evening. Sunday was Mothers Day, it was really nice to just spend some time with mum without having to worry about uni work and deadlines. Me and Kev (my step dad) went for a run in the afternoon, we didn't go too far but we made good time so it was a successful outing! I also had ome quality knitting time, I've almost finished the cardigan I'm knitting for mum - its the worst part for me, I get really impatient to finish! The weather first thing monday morning was absolutely beautiful and Zak was quite happy to accompany me for a wander round the woods with my camera.

Sometimes I really need to just run home for a few days to put everything back in perspective and chill out a bit. I come back really mentally refreshed. I really need to figure out how to do that here!

7 comments:

  1. Dude I can't explain how much I love articulate!!! We only played it on Saturday night!!! It was a riot because way too much wine had been consumed :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. I'm glad you had a lovely weekend :-) the photos are amazing, you're definitely improving!! Not that you were bad before - you're just getting even better! X

    ReplyDelete
  3. It seems to be the weekend close to perfection! The time spended with my family is one of the most precious things for me! =)

    ReplyDelete
  4. Defiantly sounds like you had a wonderful weekend, your photos are brilliant!
    I love going back home, when I see the Angel of the North I get butterflies in my stomach :D
    xo

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thankyou! Going home is one of the best feelings, I love how refreshed I come back!

      Delete
  5. I just discovered your blog (through Sheepish Girl) and I'm in love! You take awesome photos and the fact that you're a knitter, tea lover and book reader makes you extra-awesome :)

    ReplyDelete
  6. Sounds (and looks) like a wonderful weekend :) And yay for board games!

    ReplyDelete

Thank you so much for taking the time to leave a comment - I love getting to know you guys and I really appreciate each and every note you leave!

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...