lkj

04 April 2012

frankly: Mad March





I cannot believe it is already April! I'm starting to wonder where this year is going, its moving so fast! I don't know about you, but sometimes months seem to go past without me even realising it. It makes me kinda sad, I feel like we should treasure the time that we're given, and when it goes so fast it makes me feel like I'm wasting it. Having said that, March has been a really busy month! I've had a lot going on with schoolwork and such, hanging with friends,  family stuff and I've started to put things in motion for some really big and scary dreams. Its been a good month!

Its funny when you look back on months gone by, you tend to remember the big stuff, the 'important'' stuff - but you don't necessarily remember the little things, the thousands of tiny little moments that make up the time inbetween the 'big stuff'. I've tried to keep journals, but they turn into sad places. I'm not sure why, I just only seem to write the negative stuff in them, they become a place to confide in rather than a place to record. I keep seeing posts around the blogosphere that are like monthly wrap-up's and they always look like such a cool way to keep track of all those little moments. I wonder though, is it weird to insanely document one's life? I mean, in the scheme of things, how important is it that I saw the Hunger Games in March 2012? (I loved it by the way, it was basically perfect).

Physically, I'm not really one for keeping hold of stuff. If it doesn't really have a use I tend to get rid of it, I'm very much of the opinion that 'stuff' isn't ever really ours to own. Its just matter. We hold onto it for a time and then we let it go. I could count on one hand the items that I own that I would be truly upset to lose - in fact, at a push,  I could count these on 4 fingers. Maybe that seems a little harsh, but its true. Yes, I would be sad to lose other stuff, but I wouldn't be devastated.  I try not to get too emotionally involved with objects. Why should I? You should love people and use stuff right?  Its sad that for a lot of people it seems to be the other way around. My housemates occasionally rib me about this - I don't really mind. I know its a weird way to think about things for a lot of people. Of course I own things, I am in no way a minimalist, but I try to remind myself that the memories are kept in my head - not stored in an object. I think thats one of the reasons I take to many pictures, they preserve the memories without filling my space with loads of objects that I don't really have much of a use for.

“Have nothing in your houses that you do not know to be useful, or believe to be beautiful.” - William Morris

This quote kinda sums it all up for me. Its generally how I feel about 'stuff' (Q: How many times have I used that word in this post?! A: 10! anyway...) 

I'm starting to realise that this post is basically just me rambling...haha! But hey, thats what this series is for! I've only had this blog a little while (just under a year, eek!) but already its nice to go back and read about what I was up to. I think it'd be really nice to have something at the end of the month that summed it all up. What do you guys think? Do any of you do anything like this? How do you go about it?






5 comments:

  1. Defiantly go for it. Though you think what you've wrote is rambles it has changed my out look on life a bit. I have so much crap I don't use or need and I tend to over think any action or opinion when really I shouldn't :D

    You only live once right? You should treasure what means the most to you.
    xo

    ReplyDelete
  2. I feel the same way, the days and months just seem to be flying by! Hopefully they will seem to be slowing down sometime soon. Cute blog!

    Amanda
    Little Lady Little City

    ReplyDelete
  3. I used to think exactly like you - it's just stuff, you can replace it anytime. But then I started shopping mostly at thrift stores, my grandparents gave me some of their old stuff and I started to create things. And I'm truly fond of my warm and cozy hats, the quilt I made with my mom last year and art journals that captured parts of my life. I wouldn't want to lose those things!

    ReplyDelete

  4. Really like your blog!
    A wonderful post!

    Have you got an account in instagram?
    If yes, write me your name!

    ReplyDelete
  5. LOve the quote but find it surprisingly difficult to live by! Maybe I should have a big sort out... but then again, I'm also quite tempted to go to the garden centre and each one of the giant cakes in their cafe!Rx

    http://sandersonsmithstory.blogspot.co.uk/

    ReplyDelete

Thank you so much for taking the time to leave a comment - I love getting to know you guys and I really appreciate each and every note you leave!

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...