lkj

11 May 2012

quiet times

from here but photographed by this guy


Its been pretty quiet around these parts over the last couple of days. I'm coming up to the end of term so I've got a final rush of work and revision, exams and then I'm done for the summer! Its weird to think I've only got just over a year left of my degree - its going too fast!

I know I usually post a picture on Friday but I've hardly picked my camera up this week, I've pretty much had the same views every day - the library and a computer screen! I think my camera will tag along with me today so we'll see what happens. Its hard to feel creatively inspired when my head is constantly thinking about coursework! I'm not complaining, summers just around the corner and its going to be a good one! (I've already decided!) This is the the final push, so I'm trying to knuckle down and get everything done as well as I possibly can.

That said, I've been trying to make sure I'm not spending all of my time working so I've made a really good start sorting through all my digital photo's. They're currently the most unorganised mess and its so hard to find anything! So I've been going back through them and sorting them, getting rid of anything thats a blurred mess and renaming them to something a bit more relevant than a number. Its so nice to go back through them, it makes me realise how much I miss having pictures printed. Once I'm done sorting I think a mass print order or something will probably be in order!

I find it interesting to go back over my 'photography' as well as through regular photos. There's a real change noticeable as I've started to develop my own style. I don't think I'm there yet, but I'm getting close. Even the way I edit pictures has really changed since I first started using photoshop - I just wish I'd kept the RAW files of those early shots! For some reason I used to delete them after I'd processed them, probably to save space but it was SUCH a bad idea!! I've already found a stack of shots that I'd completely forgotten about, so there's probably going to be a completely random mix of things popping up here in the future!

I've hardly looked at my blog comments/emails this week so if you're waiting to hear back from me then I promise I'll get in touch with you soon! Have a lovely weekend!

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thank you so much for taking the time to leave a comment - I love getting to know you guys and I really appreciate each and every note you leave!

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...