lkj

29 May 2012

this weekend + some thoughts


1. The train home this morning, lots of new music// 2. My favourite train station// 3. Rainbow pens, a revision essential// 4. Work on the move// 5. A stunning sunset as I came up to bed// 6. The moon + sunset on a late evening wander with Zak

This weekend has been an odd one, busy and relaxing at the same time. I've been making the most of my early-rising tendancies to get my revision mostly done with in the mornings. I love that by 11am I can have done 4/5 hours but still have the rest of the day to myself. I took the bulk of my stuff home for the summer so things are feeling a little bit empty in my room here now (and I didn't plan for nice weather so have kept all my winter stuff...oops!). At first it seemed a bit silly going home the weekend before I go home for the summer but its meant that I can get all my stuff home... and I needed it. Something about going home is just good for me, probably the combination of being with family and getting away from the city.

I haven't been around here much, not really feeling like much is going on at the moment. Exams are always such a strange 'in between' period. Not quite done with one thing but not really able to get started on the next. I only have the only exam this time around (luckily!) but I'm a little bit stressed about it. Not helped by the fact that I collected the results from the coursework today and didn't really get the results I was aiming for. Sometimes I think I just need to remind myself that sometimes its ok to not do as well, and to be less hard on myself when I make a mistake.

I've left my 'big' camera at home for the few days that I'm back here, so I've been making an effort to actually use the camera on my phone. I can be quite hard on phone pictures 'cos they rarely live up to the quality that I'm used to from my SLR, but I'm starting to really appreciate being able to capture the little things. I just wish my version of Android was instagram compatible! Ah well... Hope that everythings going well for all of you who are sitting exams and the moment, and that life is good for those of you who aren't.

5 comments:

  1. I love these pictures, I think they're so cute! I definitely need to get me some rainbow pens, if only to fuel my OCDness.

    I have one week left of lectures (but not classes..? Oookay Uni..) then study week and then exams begin. I also have an assignment due tomorrow that I haven't started. Life is going pretty swell for me..

    On the flip side, you went home and are happy and are far more organised than me!

    Embrace the little camera! X

    ReplyDelete
  2. Eurgh I know what you mean about that horrible feeling you get when you don't do as well as you hoped! It's so hard to turn that off... I was plagued by that all the way through uni, and its only now that I am out of that world that I can see how pointless worrying about it was! Definitely don't be too hard on yourself - we all do it! On a chirpier note, the colours in the last two pics are gorgeous! xxx

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. So nice to know I'm not the only one! Thanks (: I have a thing for pretty skies - especially at the end of the day!

      Delete
  3. Your pictures are all colorful! It is hard when you don't do as good as you hoped to, but just keep it up, work harder and things should turn around. Believe me, I get you.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thankyou! And hi - thanks for stopping by!

      Delete

Thank you so much for taking the time to leave a comment - I love getting to know you guys and I really appreciate each and every note you leave!

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...