lkj

09 July 2012

making the most of July

here


The first few months of this year I took loads of pictures. Of everything. Tiny, insignificant moments that weren't really anything in particular. These last few months I've gotten out of the habit a bit and its a shame because I really love looking back over them. I don't think I've ever really talked about it on here but I'm a believer in making monthly goals rather than yearly ones. I find them far more flexible and more suited to my life. Usually I try to make 4 or 5 a month - rarely anything huge or life changing but just little things that I want to focus on. 

This month I've set myself just one, to make the most of everything.

I've been feeling like this summer is going far too fast, this time at home is precious and I don't want it to just fly by. I almost feel like I'm wasting this time off because I'm not really getting anything 'done'. Its something I need to work on. I need to make myself believe that time off is okay, and necessary. Last week I spent all morning reading a book... and spent the rest of the day feeling guilty because I had other things I could have been doing. How ridiculous is that? Its my summer holidays, it should be a break. Sometimes my mind is crazy.

So this month I'm going to take more pictures, I'm going to spend all morning reading, I'm not going to stress over an unpaid, voluntary internship,  I'm not going to worry if I can't find a job because I'm sure I'll figure it out whatever happens, I'm going to hang out with my mum and make more of an effort to spend time with friends, I'm going to take long walks & I probably will spend too much time with my dog,  Whatever I'm doing, I'm going to make the most of it & refuse to feel guilty for choosing how to spend my own time. 


So hello July, I think you're going to be a good one. 



10 comments:

  1. I love this (and your new buttons which I just saw!) Monthly goals is a really good idea, one that I just might steal actually. I hope they go well for you this month!! X

    ReplyDelete
  2. V - I am so pumped for you and July. I think this also gives you ample time to make raspberry vodka. Just saying :)

    ReplyDelete
  3. I had the guilty thing right at the beginning of my holidays, after I knew that I didn't pass two exams (which I studied so hard for!), I couldn't let myself fall back into relax mode.
    Now look at me, one week later: I got a job for August' Saturdays, and I don't cry about not passing anymore. Of course, uni is my main importance, but not in my heart. All I care at the moment is Fitzgerald and my boyfriend coming back from Sweden this Thursday :)
    Enjoy!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. actually, that was me. I just forgot to login with the right account (so much about thinking when relaxing, ha ha) ;)

      Delete
  4. I love this post! I hate worrying about not doing anything, because when you actually look back you realise you never accomplished anything or even relaxed at all - you just worried a lot. And then the summer's over and you feel exhausted!

    ReplyDelete
  5. having just started my holidays today its the perfect time to remind me to make the most of it! :)

    ReplyDelete
  6. Sounds like a good plan! And yes, summer is going by way too fast!

    ReplyDelete
  7. Wonderfully written. I've been having the same worries lately, especially since the weather here is constantly uninspiring and I have an uninspiring job in which I work a lot!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. What's most important, though, is to realize that worrying never adds anything to your life :)

      Delete

Thank you so much for taking the time to leave a comment - I love getting to know you guys and I really appreciate each and every note you leave!

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...