lkj

06 August 2012

finishing

The past week or so I've been so grateful for the Olympics, not just because its awesome but because the weather has been so  terrible that I haven't felt at all guilty for watching it all day. This summer has been such a washout so far, I know its England... but still.

This weekend has been all about finishing stuff. I always say 'this weekend' after a Monday - the whole of last year I had 3 day weekends and I've gotten far too used to it. Definitely hoping for another weekend-friendly timetable next year! Sometimes its really nice to just spend some time getting a load of stuff done. Finished. Out of the way. It gets things out of my head and off the "things to do when  I get time" list. Which, for the record is the worst idea for a list ever. EVER. Okay? It just ends up full of stuff I never really get around to doing. Its basically a list of "things I'm not excited about enough to start them now". Crazy. I also wanted to try and finish all of the craft projects I've got half-started before I turn 21, I'm pretty sure that with the exception of my baby scrapbook I'll probably get that one done. I need my mum for the scrapbook, because to be honest with you - I don't really remember being born all that well. Shocking, I know.




I'm so pleased that these are done, I got the kit ages ago and I stitched Winnie the Pooh almost straight away, then I kind of forgot about it and found it in a drawer when I was having a sort out earlier in the summer. I'm not usually over-keen on handmade things up on walls but the three of them look pretty good in a triple frame hanging in my room. I really love cross-stitch, I find it incredibly relaxing - I'd do it more often but most of the kits aren't really my cup of tea and I really have no idea what I'd do with them once I'd finished. Sometimes I think it would be really nice if I liked the handmade-mismatched-vintage look that's so popular these days, but I really don't. Give me the IKEA catalogue over Kath Kidston any day of the week.





5 comments:

  1. nice ...I love the eeyore...
    3lin

    ReplyDelete
  2. aw vic they look so cute!!!

    ReplyDelete
  3. naww I love cross stitch too (maybe its because its the only crafty thing I can do) I am also super jealous you have got to watch so much of the Olympics I have seriously watched about 1/2 hr in entirety :(

    xo Emilie @ Hungry Delights

    ReplyDelete
  4. great job! I have some unfinished kits.. and it seems like i'll never find time for them now. I should tyr though :-) Thanks for reminding me!

    ReplyDelete

Thank you so much for taking the time to leave a comment - I love getting to know you guys and I really appreciate each and every note you leave!

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...