lkj

02 August 2012

just slow down and chill out







Sometimes I wonder if we are so focused on making something of our lives, that we forget that actually life is pretty great all on its own. It seems to me that most of society is obsessed with being busy, people talk about  everything they're juggling as if its a competition - the person that's the 'busiest' wins.

Sometimes I'm guilty of this, when everything fell through with my internship I was honestly gutted. I felt like I was going to be 'wasting' my summer. Why? I felt like if I hadn't been busy then I hadn't made the most of my time off. Which when I think about it, is pretty daft - I mean, its called time off for a reason right?

Today I wasn't busy. I've done some housework and got started revamping my dressing table chair but to be honest, I've spent most of the day in front of the tv watching the olympics. With a cross-stitch project that I started a while back and haven't got around to finishing yet (but I'm almost done now!). I drank lots of tea and hung out with a poorly pup, made an awesome salad and had a great workout. I didn't get anything of importance done, but I had a really good day. I think maybe I need to stop beating myself up so much about being productive all the time, and learn to just enjoy days as they come. Life lessons there - slowing down is a good thing, being busy all the time isn't necessary and life can be just as amazing in front of the tv as it can be when you're off on new adventures.


9 comments:

  1. Everything you've said in this post is so true. I certainly know I'm guilty of this mentality. Thanks for reminding me to slow down and breathe and just enjoy the day for what it is! I can be busy tomorrow.

    -Bronwyn

    ReplyDelete
  2. I like to think of it this way: even God had to take a break sometime! My hubs gets a vacation next week, and I am so looking forward to some downtime. Yay! Sometimes the days when you just do nothing are the best days.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Sighhhh I wish I had days like this! Really just enjoy taking it slow while you have the time to do so :)
    xo Emilie @ Hungry Delights

    ReplyDelete
  4. The way that people glorify the term "I'm so busy!" is a little hard to bear sometimes, because if you're not "so busy" then you're an under-achiever. It's all rubbish anyway, if you don't find fulfilment in what you do then do something else, but don't do just for the sake of doing - what's the point in busying your life away? Solidarity sister.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Sometimes it's good to live in slow pace. I think I spent my day in a similar way - watching olympics and sewnig gloves (by hand, in front of the TV).

    ReplyDelete
  6. This is so true! Sometimes we just need to sit back and do, well, not much! :D xx

    ReplyDelete
  7. i absolutely adore that cross stitch project!

    ReplyDelete
  8. You have such beautiful photos! x

    ReplyDelete
  9. I really love that you've posted this! It's so important, but sometimes you actually have to be really brave to just stop for a bit and accept that relaxing is really important for your health. I am the worst for feeling annoyed with myself if I've been unproductive in a day... But you're right, what law is there that says that only busy people have fulfilled lives? It's silly - yay for tv and cosy days! xxx

    ReplyDelete

Thank you so much for taking the time to leave a comment - I love getting to know you guys and I really appreciate each and every note you leave!

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...