lkj

07 October 2012

happening here #5



A lot of time has been spent here this week. I really wanted to hit the ground running with my research project & I'm really enjoying the background reading - which is a big help! I'm so pleased with the topic I'm working on and I think its going to be fascinating when we start getting results in. Everything's planted up now, so I have 6 weeks to get all the theory and background together before we have to start with analysis. Not so fascinating is sifting through soil for 5 hours... hello blisters.

This week has seemed crazy-busy, but then again, I've slept a LOT so it probably just seemed like I had less time to get everything done! When I'm feeling under the weather I just want to sleep all of the time & I've learnt that I just need to give myself that rest if I want to recover quickly. So although I've kept on-top of all my uni work, everything else has taken a bit of a back seat! I've unintentionally taken an internet-break the past few days - I'm glad that I don't always feel the need to be online. I find it pretty scary to read about people who become addicted to the internet, they must miss out on so much 'real' life.

I have a feeling that the next few weeks are going to fly by! It's M's birthday on Tuesday & I'm heading home for the weekend. It feels like I've been away a lot longer than 3 weeks so I'm really looking forward to it. I'm then back home again the following weekend for my birthday party with M, R & H in tow. Its going to be a good couple of weeks!

How's your week been? Anything exciting coming up in the next few weeks? Also... any advice for me with my research project? Any advice/tips would be awesome!



4 comments:

  1. yes, internet is just a 'side-order', never depend on it too much! (am i saying this myself?)

    Natasha
    {the Picablocks}

    ReplyDelete
  2. Just found your blog and I think its super cute!
    -meandmr.com

    ReplyDelete
  3. I remember when I was working on my research study at uni, it was a really busy but fun time :) enjoy it while it lasts! (Haha I'm sounding like an old maid or something, but oh well).

    ReplyDelete
  4. Sounds like you have an even busier couple of weeks ahead of you! You can do it :) and power naps are okay!!

    ReplyDelete

Thank you so much for taking the time to leave a comment - I love getting to know you guys and I really appreciate each and every note you leave!

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...