lkj

23 November 2012

sunday days


Last Sunday none of us wanted to do any work & we all wanted to get outside, so R, H, Holly & myself hopped on a bus that was heading out of the city. We got off (at the wrong stop) and headed for the animal shelter. We were handed the leads of two rescue dogs & the 6 of us headed out into the woods. Walks at the weekend are good at the best of times, but walks with dogs just seem a ton better. They started off so nervous but by the end of the walk they were dragging us all over the place and quite content to demand our attention. I fell a little bit in love & wanted to bring them home with me! We'll definitely be going again - it was lovely to get outside in the fresh air & know that we were doing a little bit of good at the same time.

It was my favourite kind of winter - cold, clear and still and we managed to accidently time it so we were walking during golden hour - it couldn't have been more perfect. I feel like I'm comfortable with my new camera now, it seems like such an odd thing to say but its weird having buttons in different places & its taken some getting used to!

This week has been another crazy-busy one, Thursday I left the house at 8:30 and got back after midnight! It's a good kind of crazy though. I'm looking forward to a couple of slow days before Monday shows its head again.

Do you have plans for the weekend? Have you ever walked rescue dogs? 

7 comments:

  1. Didnt know you could walk rescue dogs! Sounds like a great idea :) xx

    ReplyDelete
  2. That's so kind of you to volunteer. My 2 dogs are from the Dogs Trust and if I lived closer to one now, I would definitely do this.x

    ReplyDelete
  3. that looks and sounds like a wonderful sunday. i can't wait to visit home and have a huge country walk with my parents and the dogs.x

    ReplyDelete
  4. Wow, what gorgeous pictures. I love going for walks on winter days!

    Gemma xx

    ReplyDelete
  5. That sounds like such a great day! I've never walked rescue dogs but when I lived in Chicago I went and played with some rescue dogs in our shelter. They're so sweet :).

    ReplyDelete
  6. What a lovely thing for you to do :) Our family dog is a rescue dog and they diffinately need lovely caring people around them!

    Tanesha x

    ReplyDelete
  7. I love days like this. Fab photos. x

    ReplyDelete

Thank you so much for taking the time to leave a comment - I love getting to know you guys and I really appreciate each and every note you leave!

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...