lkj

19 December 2012

tree day

I feel like I'm a week or two behind with this post, but this past Sunday was tree day. One of my favourite days - I absolutely love decorating the house for Christmas. The past 3 years that I've been at Uni, Mum has always waited until I got back before putting the decs up - we always do it together. Its such a lovely way to get into 'holiday mode' & I never feel that Christmassy until its done! Even though we don't live in the same house as I grew up in, getting all the boxes out and sorting through everything brings back a ton of happy memories.

If you caught the post I wrote over on Elizabeth's blog then you'll know that this year I'm determined to take more pictures of Christmas, as its sadly something that our photo albums have lacked over the past couple of years! One of the things I definitely wanted to record was the house all ready for Christmas...


We always have two trees - one in the lounge and one in the kitchen. The kitchen tree is smaller & we hang all the old & random decorations that we've accumulated over the years on it. The lounge tree always has a colour theme - last year it was purple and green, this year its red and gold. We're tinsel haters not big fans of tinsel in this house (definitely got that from Mum...) so we use beads instead. I love that we have a mix of a 'traditional' tree & a more put together, coordinated tree...


Do you have Christmas decorating 'traditions'? Do you theme everything or do you just have a random assortment of things? If you've taken pictures I'd LOVE to see them - leave me a link! xo


8 comments:

  1. The ornaments are adorable....love the feel they bring!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Love that second photo! We have one big tree in our lounge, this year it is all gold :) i posted about it here http://alice-lily.blogspot.co.uk/2012/12/christmas-traditions.html xx

    ReplyDelete
  3. fabulous photos! Ill be doing a blog post on my tree soon! :) xo

    ReplyDelete
  4. Lovely pictures!!!! I just want to jump in them! Thank you for visiting my blog. you're a doll.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Your photos are BEAUTIFUL! & it's so interesting that you have two trees! My family only has one...and I feel boring now! We must introduce a second tree! Haha this year we're going to visit family overseas though so our house isn't wearing its usual Christmas get-up. Next year, though. The second tree shall be introduced haha. If I can remember!

    ReplyDelete
  6. I am loving your tree decorations! I get to decorate two trees this year. My own and the one at my parents at the weekend. Giddy as a child haha. xx

    ReplyDelete
  7. Love your unique ornaments, pretty tree! I don't put up a tree, but since my husband and I met 11 years ago I go over to his mothers place and decorate her tree with her. Now my nephews have joined in and it's a family tradition.

    ReplyDelete
  8. Your images are lovely! I love the small details of Christmas trees! My mom puts up two trees also. One with all the family ornaments and the other with crystal and glass ones. I only have one tree for now. Sorry this comment is late, I haven't stopped by in forever. :(

    ReplyDelete

Thank you so much for taking the time to leave a comment - I love getting to know you guys and I really appreciate each and every note you leave!

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...