lkj

05 January 2013

Goals: January


January is an odd month to set 'specific' things to achieve. I've got a big deadline, an exam to study for and a crazy week at Uni where I'm doing an entire module in one go. I used to be such an advocate of multi-tasking, but I'm realising more and more now that it doesn't actually help me get anything done. Concentrating on one thing until its done is a far better way for me to work - but its hard. Have you ever just sat there and 'listened in' on your brain? Try it. Its amazing how many different thoughts you can have in such a small space of time. I'm trying to work on tuning out these distractions and just focusing on the task at hand, I'm getting so much more done. Lunches are a practical one... I'm trying to save as many pennies as I possibly can ready for my big adventure this summer & buying lunch out is expensive (and lazy).

I often find when I'm stressed about work and exams that I don't take time for myself - to do the things that I really enjoy. Finding a balance isn't easy but exhausting myself just isn't fun. This definitely  includes exercising - I feel so much more energised when I'm running regularly and my body is moving. So much better. Towards the end of last year I started keeping a journal, and as much as I adore this blog - it isn't quite the same as putting pen to paper and scrawling thoughts across a page. I have this little fantasy of having a stack of notebooks on a shelf one day that document the whole of my twenties. Crazy? Maybe. But that's how I like it. 

I hope the start of 2013 has been a good one for you! 

3 comments:

  1. Good luck with all of your goals, I can't keep journals, I get hand cramp and end up writing really embarrassing stuff. I find blogging much more rewarding because I automatically filter out the bad stuff or the things that will make me cringe later down the line haha xx

    ReplyDelete
  2. I would love to be able to shut out my thoughts and just concentrate on one. It's the hardest thing though, isn't it?

    ReplyDelete
  3. Agh, cheers to making more time for yourself when everything around you is chaotic!

    ReplyDelete

Thank you so much for taking the time to leave a comment - I love getting to know you guys and I really appreciate each and every note you leave!

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...