lkj

25 January 2013

happening here #12

Snow 2013 IV
The valley was unbelievably beautiful covered in snow & morning mist 
 photo _MG_4522_zps921741e9.jpg
A couple of dog walkers but otherwise untouched. So worth getting out of bed for.
Snow 2013 VI
I've never shot a panorama before... but I'm so pleased with how this turned out! I love how every roof is covered with snow.
Snow 2013 V Snow 2013 III


Yes, more snow pictures (I'm not sorry, not even a little bit).  Most of these were taken Monday morning, I woke up a bit earlier than usual, got up to put the kettle on and pulled the blind as normal. It was snowing when I went to bed & I was expecting a bit to have settled overnight but it must have snowed hard - all I could see was white & the poor tree in front of my window looked ready to snap! The best part? Hardly anyone had been up & about on our street so the snow was virtually untouched. I grabbed my camera, chucked some clothes on and headed straight out - I was determined to photograph the park & out over the valley before the snow got 'ruined'. I even left my tea (this is very rare). It was freezing, but gorgeous & so, so worth dragging my butt out of bed for.

I've spent the rest of this week revising for the exam I sat on Thursday (all over now, so happy!) and getting ready for a pretty intense week next week (a module in a week? Lets do it). We celebrated the end of exams with wedges & a pint in the union, then a movie & drinks in the evening. My kinda night. I think I've eaten soup for dinner pretty much every single day & tonight I discovered the liquid awesome that is rice-milk hot chocolate. Its unbelievable. Seriously. Tonight looked a a bit like wine, candles, Bon Iver, sorting through pictures, watching more snow fall & chatting to my brother on the phone. All good stuff.

Have a good weekend folks (:


16 comments:

  1. So so gorgeous!! I love your panoramic photo - it's pure magic. xo

    ReplyDelete
  2. Definitely worth leaving your tea for. I love the contrast of the orange leaf against the snow. x

    ReplyDelete
  3. Stunning! I really love that panoram image! Do you sell your work by any chance?

    ReplyDelete
  4. wow!! That first image looks like it's straight out of Game of Thrones! Gorgeous! xxx

    ReplyDelete
  5. Gorgeous pictures! I went out last weekend to take picture in the snow, but they are no where as good as yours :D

    OutsideBeautyInsideHealth

    ReplyDelete
  6. Ah the panorama is stunning, so pretty. :D I also love the bright leaf in the snow. xx

    ReplyDelete
  7. These photos are just too beautiful. I love the panorama shot!
    Kaz x

    ReplyDelete
  8. Ha ha these photos are beautiful and look as cold as I feel right now! It is so cold here!

    Ali of:

    www.dressingken.com

    ReplyDelete
  9. Rice milk hot chocolate... oh my! Sounds delightful. Absolutely stunning photos - Australia is copping a beating by some massive storms (and even tornados)! I would much rather be taking pretty photos of snow covered branches :)
    xo Emily @ Hungry Delights

    ReplyDelete
  10. I will have to see if I can find that hot chocolate. Everything I see in the stores has dairy on it, which I don't eat! These photos are freakin amazing. I love untouched snow!!!

    ReplyDelete
  11. Gorgeous photos, looks like you got loads of snow! Hope you're having a good weekend. xx

    ReplyDelete
  12. Amazing pictures :-) wish we got that kind of snow here in Arkansas!!!

    -Emily @ http://hopefulwandering.blogspot.com/

    ReplyDelete
  13. Fab photos! I love the snow but I hate the ice! x

    ReplyDelete
  14. Wow, it does look freezing, but those photos are incredible. A++ on your first panoramic shot!

    ReplyDelete
  15. Love these pictures!!! You capture the snow very beautiful my dear. The close up shot of the leaves is prob my fave!

    Hope you did great on your exam!!

    xo, Bev

    ReplyDelete
  16. Strange request but can you please email me the second last photograph in this post in any size bigger than 650px wide?

    Please and thank you!

    ReplyDelete

Thank you so much for taking the time to leave a comment - I love getting to know you guys and I really appreciate each and every note you leave!

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...