lkj

04 January 2013

In 2013 I will 'choose"

I'm not a big fan of New Years resolutions, I prefer to set goals rather than resolutions - something more tangible and with a shorter time frame. This year I'll be continuing to set my goals monthly - I did this all through last year and it worked so well for me. Even bigger things need to be broken down & I find it easier to keep motivated about things if they're short term (tiny attention span much?!). I also find that it encourages me to break down the 'big' things into smaller, more manageable tasks because I don't like to set goals that I have little chance of accomplishing.

Something I'll also be doing again this year is choosing One Little Word that I want to keep in mind for the whole year. Last year it was quite obvious to me what I should pick - I felt like I'd got myself stuck in a bit of a rut and the best way I could see out of it was to 'go for it' a bit more. This year... This year I struggled to choose a word - many came to mind but none of them felt quite right, they didn't fit with my vision of this coming year. This is going to be a year of big adventures and big decisions. Big, big decisions. So this years word is choose.

Elise, one of my favourite bloggers used 'choose' last year & I really loved how she incorporated it into her monthly goal setting with text on pictures. One of the things I wanted to work on this year was keeping more of a personal record on this blog - when I read back through my posts from last year I noticed a shift towards more personal posts and it was so much nicer to read back over. So this year I'm (aiming) to share my goals & report on progress - both as a record and for accountability purposes.

This year I choose to choose. It's a gentle reminder to myself that regardless of what happens, I can always choose how to respond to it.


6 comments:

  1. I really like this idea of 'one little word.' I would much rather get goals then resolutions as well. I set 13 goals for 2013. I have a feeling this is going to be a good year.
    Carlee
    Almost Endearing

    ReplyDelete
  2. I do a word for the year too, it's definitely nicer than resolutions! Choose is a great one, mine for this year is "friends".
    Also, hello new blog design!! I was a bit slow on the uptake there, it looks amazing!! Great job!

    And lastly, Happy New Year :) xxx

    ReplyDelete
  3. great word to choose :)

    i set goals and choose words but this year i did a vision board.

    ReplyDelete
  4. This is a really nice idea - I may use this idea for my first post of the year after a lengthy blog hiatus!

    The word you've chosen is a great word to keep you motivated :)

    Happy New Year!

    ReplyDelete
  5. This is a really nice idea - I may use this idea for my first post of the year after a lengthy blog hiatus!

    The word you've chosen is a great word to keep you motivated :)

    Happy New Year!

    ReplyDelete
  6. I love this idea! Resolutions can be such cruel things, making choices seem much better. Excited to see what 2013 brings for you.

    ReplyDelete

Thank you so much for taking the time to leave a comment - I love getting to know you guys and I really appreciate each and every note you leave!

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...