lkj

28 January 2013

Monday Motivation: little things

April 10, 2010

Recently I've been feeling incredibly uncertain about the direction I want my life to take. I have so many options open to me & although I know that I'm incredibly lucky to be in this position, the decisions are hard. The deciding is hard. I'm a planner by nature, I like to know where I'm headed and what I need to do to get there. I like to check the steps off one at a time until I've achieved what I needed to, got to where I wanted to go. There are lists I could write for each option. Steps to take, actions to complete. But first I feel like I need to decide. To commit to a path and start walking it.  Head or heart. Soul or sense. Passion or profit. 

I found this image browsing flickr this week and it resonated with me, as quotes often do. Nothing can stop time from carrying me forward & past experience has taught me that I'm usually pretty good at making the right call when it comes down to it. I don't have to make sense of absolutely everything that's going on around me as it happens - and its probably best not to try.

So this week I'm not going to stress about the future, I'm not going to lie awake at night weighing up pro's and con's and trying to reason everything out. I'm going to take a deep breath, hold in all that confusion for a second or two, and then just let it go. Find some peace and just be for a little while. Things will work out. They always do. 

How do you cope when you have difficult life decisions to make? Are you an obsessive over-thinker or are you able to just go with the flow and see what life brings?

_________________________________________________________________________________

Motivation Mondays is a series where I share images, quotes, videos or whatever else I find that really gets my brain going and/or my creative juices flowing. Being on a motivation/inspiration high is such a beautiful feeling and I want to really push myself to discover it every. single. week.  Ideally every day, but no-one's that positive, right?! 





6 comments:

  1. that quote in the image is so true. don't stress, lady, it will all work out :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. I'm intrigued to hear what your dilemma is! But whatever you decide, it will be the right choice, you don't have to worry about that :)

    ReplyDelete
  3. This is so true. It's really helped me to think about this. Over the last two or three years lots have things have gone wrong in my life, but now I'm starting to feel like I'm coming out of the other side, and deciding which direction to go in now. Great post. xx

    ReplyDelete
  4. Currently, I'm in a similar position to you and I'm pretty confused with what decision to make! But yeah, i'm an obsessive over-thinker and i've discovered that positive thinking helps with this stuff. Hard though, but we can do it! Right now I just want to stop worrying and see how things work out. Hopefully it will help :)

    Do visit my blog - it has some relevant topics!
    www.itiskismat.blogspot.co.uk

    xxx

    ReplyDelete
  5. Wow, we sound very alike! I'm such a planner too and at the moment, I reckon the next five years are very important...important in a "lots of major decisions need to be made" kind of way, in order to get the life I want for the next 20 plus years....scary!

    ReplyDelete
  6. This is tough. I am a list maker by nature, but when it comes to life decisions, I usually talk to many different people about the decision, and I also pray. I try to give it to God to sort out for me. But even if God isn't your thing, I truly believe that everything happens for a reason and that there is a plan for everyone. Though it may seem tough to make a decision, it is best to just take deep breaths and not overwhelm yourself. Things will all work out and you will eventually know what you're supposed to do.

    Love that quote in the photo!

    xoxo Jess
    Foreign Room

    ReplyDelete

Thank you so much for taking the time to leave a comment - I love getting to know you guys and I really appreciate each and every note you leave!

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...