lkj

21 January 2013

Monday Motivation: Inspirational failures

Hi guys!

It may be Monday, it may be exam week and I may be stuck inside revising instead of playing out in the snow BUT I am feeling incredibly happy, inspired and so, so, so positive right now. You know sometimes you have conversations with people that are just really good? Last night I was chatting to Mum and we started talking about something that's been in the back of my mind for a long time, but that I've only recently started considering seriously. I'm going to apologise right now for not sharing what that is (sorry!) but I need some more time to figure things out and explore my options before I commit to anything.

Now, I've possibly probably definitely mentioned this before, but I am a huge fan of motivational quotes, videos, songs, pictures etc. I love them. This morning I came across this video....




Okay, so... wow. Did it get you? Because it most definitely got me. 100%. I'm scared of failing - I think we all are to an extent. From an early age we're taught that the 'best' people are those that get it right all the time - especially in school. School teaches us that failure is a negative thing - anyone ever fail a test at school and get praised for it? Sure you didn't (unless you went to a pretty awesome school). We're given conflicting messages - advised to take the subjects we're "best at" when we pick GCSE's and A-Levels so we maximise our chances of success. Whilst simultaneously being told that we can follow our dreams and do what we love. Its a pretty confusing message to be sent, because the two aren't always compatible. We're not always best at the things we love the most, but does that mean we should stop doing them?

Hell no. 

I'm starting to realise now that failing at my dreams may be a far more fulfilling option than denying them completely. Its not going to be the end of the world if things don't work out how I want them to. It might feel like it, but it won't be. I never want to look back at my life and think "I really wish I'd gone for that" or suddenly realise that I let the path choose me rather than the other way around.

So maybe your life won't be 'conventional' and maybe people won't understand. Maybe they'll think you're crazy, or dumb (or even both). Maybe it won't work out. Maybe you'll fail.

But maybe it will 

We only get one shot at life. May as well enjoy it, right?

What did you think of this video? Do you let fear hold you back or are you a go-getter? Are you denying your dreams in favour of the 'safe' option? Let me know - I'd love to hear from you!
_________________________________________________________________________________

Motivation Mondays is a new series where I share images, quotes, videos or whatever else I find that really gets my brain going and my creative juices flowing. Being on a motivation/inspiration high is such a beautiful feeling and I want to really push myself to discover it every. single. week.  Ideally every day, but no-one's that positive, right?! 

5 comments:

  1. The video got me! I posted "The Common Fear of Failure" awhile back and basically say the same thing - I'm really afraid of failing. It's nice to see that I'm not alone. Very nice post!

    ReplyDelete
  2. The Walt Disney one.. wow! Just goes to show not everyone makes it first time, every time.

    Thanks for sharing this!

    ReplyDelete
  3. I totally feel you. I've failed a lot of times but that doesnt stop me from moving on. Although sometimes when I look back, I feel bad about it but also, I always seek the positive feedback it gave me. I was happy then, I am happy now. :)

    ReplyDelete
  4. I really really needed this today! thank you! xxx

    ReplyDelete
  5. This post! Ahhh I needed this today!
    xo

    ReplyDelete

Thank you so much for taking the time to leave a comment - I love getting to know you guys and I really appreciate each and every note you leave!

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...