lkj

14 February 2013

Blog love on V-day

In case you didn't know... today is Valentines day. I could write for a long time about how awesome the people I love are (because, they really, really are), but instead I wanted to spread some blog love. I've seen a lot of lists around recently of peoples favourite blogs... but I can never narrow it down to a reasonable number. I read different blogs for different reasons - so its hard to pick 'favourites'. I can however pick my favourite bloggers... 

I read all of these blogs for the person behind them as much as the content. Some of them I know quite (or very) well, whereas others I've only exchanged a couple of emails with. It really stands out to me when someone has obviously taken the time to respond to you when you get in touch with them - be that via email, twitter or a blog comment. So without further ado, here are my favourites:

1. Michelle from On The Adventure // M is awesome (even if sometimes she totally spams my inbox). We've agreed that we were probably separated at birth & her blog is a pretty sweet place to hang out. I highly recommend it. 

2. Heather from A Hopeless Notebook // I find Heather a really inspiring person, she's not afraid to have big dreams or to be honest about them and I find that really refreshing. 

3. Freya from Nishaantishu  // Freya has a knack for taking amazing pictures of little moments in her life & has a brilliant taste in music. I will be forever in her debt for introducing me to First Aid Kit. 

4. Allie at Between Dreams // This girl is awesome. I'm a big fan of motivational writing, but I tend to get a bit frustrated at the fact that the authors always seem to be 100% perfect. Allie writes about her life in a way that's incredibly positive but still honest - I love it. I don't think I've every left a comment on her blog that hasn't received a really thoughtful reply. 

5. Jasmine at Curlicue // I just find this chick hilarious. Okay? That's pretty much it. I'm not going to tell you how awesome she is... because she'll tell you herself ;) 

6. Meggie at So It Goes //Okay, so this may be cheating a tiny bit, because Meggie is a real-life friend. But she's still awesome & she has mad photography skillz (I promise to never say that again...maybe). Go say hi to her! 

7. Kellene at This Lovely Little Day //Kellene is a pretty new find for me but she's already a firm favourite! She's so positive about everything and I'm convinced that hanging out with her would be awesome. 

I really hope you go and say hi to these ladies - you won't regret it!!

PS: I find it really weird to publish posts without pictures. But nothing really seemed appropriate...


12 comments:

  1. good list, I love heather from hopeless notebook, she's such a sweetheart x

    ReplyDelete
  2. This was a lovely idea :) Going to check out these blogs!

    Amy xx
    A Little Boat Sailing

    ReplyDelete
  3. Asdfghjk You absolutely just made my day :D + Charlotte's comment, too! You ladies are both just so awesome!
    xo

    ReplyDelete
  4. Hahah! Thanks for including me on this list lovely lady :)

    Am I really that egostistical?! I hope so!

    X

    ReplyDelete
  5. Oh Vic! Thank you so much! I am convinced that hanging out with you would be awesome as well!! Who knows, maybe someday we can go on a photo adventure together... Although I definitely have a lot to learn from you! You are such a talented and beautiful lady! :)

    This Lovely Little Day

    ReplyDelete
  6. I love these posts! Will check out all of the blogs now.

    ReplyDelete
  7. Great round up of blogs- I'm looking to having a read through the ones which are new to me!

    ReplyDelete
  8. You are so unbelievably sweet! Reading this truly warmed my heart, thank you!!!

    And honestly, I love reading the comments you leave, connecting and starting conversation is the BEST thing about blogging. It just wouldn't be the same without it.

    I hope you had an awesome Valentine's full of love (and candy:) and an even better weekend :)

    ReplyDelete
  9. This is such a lovely idea Vic, thanks for sharing! And thanks for dropping by my blog by the way, glad I found yours! :)

    ReplyDelete
  10. excellent list of blogs! i love when people recommend other ones to read--helps me break up my "routine"

    ReplyDelete
  11. I know none of these. you've just found me 7 new blogs to follow!

    ellie | mantrapixie | x

    ReplyDelete
  12. Vic, thank you SO much for the blog love! :) I'm so behind on m'blogs at the moment and just trying to play catch up. Hope all is well with you! xxx

    ReplyDelete

Thank you so much for taking the time to leave a comment - I love getting to know you guys and I really appreciate each and every note you leave!

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...