lkj

04 February 2013

Monday motivation: You can't go wrong


Music probably has a bigger influence on my life than it should have. What I listen to can literally determine my mood. Does anyone else find that? Weirdly, the same songs can elicit different feelings depending on my mood when I start listening to it. Its very strange (a bit like me...). I stumbled across this song last week, in a magical part of youtube where everything I listened to was absolutely amazing. Love it when that happens.

Sometimes when I listen to music I get really strong feelings about it. Anything by Ben Howard immediately takes me back to the camping holidays we went on when I was younger. Bon Iver makes me want to live in the woods at the bottom of a mountain and Avalanche City gives me a really strong urge to pack whatever I can fit in a rucksack and take off somewhere. Is this making sense?

This song puts me in the best mood, but more than that - its 100% true. I've talked too much a lot about how I'm struggling to make decisions at the moment. In my heart of hearts though, I know that whatever I choose will work out fine. Remembering where you're from isn't about points on a map, or a building on a street. Its about the people who love you & knowing that they'll be right behind you regardless of what path you choose to take.

This song manages to capture all of that for me, and to be honest? Its pretty awesome.

Does music have such a big effect on you? What are the songs that really move you or make you think? 

Motivation Mondays is a series where I share images, quotes, videos or whatever else I find that really gets my brain going and/or my creative juices flowing. Being on a motivation/inspiration high is such a beautiful feeling and I want to really push myself to discover it every. single. week.  Ideally every day, but no-one's that positive, right?! 

2 comments:

  1. I love when a song can bring you back to a time in your life. For example, watching Beyonce at the super bowl the other night performing with destinys child, instantly brought me back to my first year in college, and reminded me of an old boyfriend.

    I love how some songs have the power to get me up and going, songs that instantly make you happy and make you want to dance!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Specific songs can bring me right back to a memory.. It's weird how it imprints on you in that way. And it's nice because I'll always remember a good thing because of it. Although, they usually remind me of boys I never got ;)
    xx

    ReplyDelete

Thank you so much for taking the time to leave a comment - I love getting to know you guys and I really appreciate each and every note you leave!

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...