lkj

15 March 2013

And all I want to be is home


8 weeks = the time since I was last home. Maybe it doesn't sound like a lot, but I'm really looking forward to spending time with family & friends, soaking up sea air & taking long walks with the pup.

3 weeks = the time I'm going to have at home that's undoubtedly going to go far too quickly.

3.5 hours = my train journey tomorrow. Its supposed to be 5 but I'm meeting the rest of the family in a different town & getting a lift back.

3 = pieces of coursework to do over the 'holiday'.

1 = exam to revise for.

15 = hours left to pack... I'm trying to take as much stuff home as possible that I don't need to bring back, because I don't have a whole lot longer left in this place & I have a lot more than one car-full of stuff here!

70l = the size of my backpack. Its huge and when its packed up full it's high enough to reach my hips. Getting on the bus tomorrow morning is gonna be fun ;)

1 = bottles of cider drunk this evening.

1/2 = a giant portion of fish and chips consumed.

Hows your weekend looking? 

17 comments:

  1. Have a lovely time at home!!! I remember packing for holidays- good luck with it...! But 8 weeks is definitely a long time to be away from home, I used to struggle with anything more than 6/7. x

    ReplyDelete
  2. I'm slightly jealous you get to go home! Have a good trip, il see you in a couple of weeks :)

    ReplyDelete
  3. Life in numbers, literally;) Why are you somewhere else for so long?

    ReplyDelete
  4. Sounds like a good time! I plan on having a low key weekend myself, and catching up on some stuff around my house. I'm going home to see my family next week! :)

    ReplyDelete
  5. YAY FOR HOME TRIPS! Lots of puppy pictures purlease xxx

    ReplyDelete
  6. I never understood why they always give assignments out to be due after a holiday... why give a holiday at all then??? Oh right! Because the lecturers need a break :-/

    ReplyDelete
  7. Aw, I like this. Hope you have fun at home! My weekend is shaping up to be a mega-relaxing one after a stupidly busy week.

    Liz xx

    ReplyDelete
  8. Beautiful photo, as always! Enjoy your holiday xx

    ReplyDelete
  9. Beautiful photo as always. Enjoy your holiday xx

    ReplyDelete
  10. You are such a creative blogger. I hope the next couple weeks go fast and you can be home :)

    My weekend has been full of laziness and now I'm regretting it...so much grading to do :)

    Happy Sunday!

    ReplyDelete
  11. Lovely post - I like the way you've done it! I have just arrived home for Easter and my holidays are ridiculously long, 5 weeks! I'm always in two minds coming home..I absolutely love it b/c I'm v close with my Mum & Dad, but sometimes the constant 'how are you, what you doing, where you going, are you ok?' gets a bit much! I guess it's just about getting back into the swing of things :) Bella xx

    ReplyDelete
  12. I'm so glad you get to visit family and friends! 8 weeks is long, I know. That's how long I was away from my husband when he was in basic training for the military. Have a great time and take lots of wonderful pictures!! :)

    ReplyDelete
  13. You're taking a train? That is so awesome! And I love this photo. Hope you have fun :D

    ReplyDelete
  14. 8 weeks is a super long time to be away from home!
    I hope you had (or are still having) a great time!

    ReplyDelete
  15. I hope you end that end up going home soon. Whenever I leave home for vacation I feel so homesick!

    www.trendinginfashion.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  16. hope the 3 weeks goes by super quickly so you can be home!

    ReplyDelete
  17. cider and fish and chips - you are a girl after my own heart!

    ReplyDelete

Thank you so much for taking the time to leave a comment - I love getting to know you guys and I really appreciate each and every note you leave!

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...