lkj

12 March 2013

Current favourites - According to iTunes

Music has been saving my sanity this week. I'm trying to get as much work as possible done before I go home for Easter (roll on Saturday!) so I've been clocking up hours sat at my desk. I've always had to slog it for my grades, which I don't mind too much, but I do get ridiculously a tiny bit  jealous of people who manage to get by with minimal work. I'm really funny about music when I'm working - sometimes I absolutely can't stand it, and other times I really need it to keep me focused. I'm really into mellowed out, guitary, folk-ish music at the moment (not sure if that's technically a genre) and it makes really good background music. I always find it really interesting/funny/embarrassing to look back on playlists of music that I was really into when I was younger, me and my brother used to burn our own CD's and give them completely ridiculous names. Now everything's digital I tend to delete playlists when I don't listen to them and I miss being able to look back over them. Guess that's one of the downsides, huh?
Anyway... back to the point of this post ;) According to iTunes these are my current favourites...

1// Bon Iver - Beth/Rest - for some reason this song reminds me of pine trees and rain, its good stuff.
2// The Paper Kites - Featherstone
3// Maroon 5 - Lucky Strike - bit of an odd one out! Not really sure why I love this so much...
4// Andrew Belle - The Ladder
5// Benjamin Francis Leftwich - Box of Stones
6// Iron & Wine - Boy With A Coin
7// Carrie Underwood - Blown Away
8// Fleet Foxes - Helplessness Blues
9// Tyrone Wells - In Between The Lines
10// Of Monsters And Men - Dirty Paws - if you want to read something weird then google the lyrics... so odd!

I'm always on the hunt for new music - so if you've got any recommendations I'd love to hear them!

The plus side of desk-time? Sunsets like this...

11 comments:

  1. I love Of Monsters and Men, and that song is super weird! I love it though :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Mumford&sons are a band that's very "folk-ish" there my current favorite xx

    biancasinwonderland.blogspot.co.uk

    ReplyDelete
  3. ERM AS IF I'M NOT FOLLOWING YOUR BLOG. What a div! I love Of Monsters and Men at the moment, I've never really listened to the lyrics, I just sing along blindly! Your sunset photo is gorgeous xx

    ReplyDelete
  4. I usually cannot listen to music because I end up signing along or listening to the lyrics. I'm a daydreamer, so I'm easily distracted.

    I like your song list. Have you listened to Father John Misty. He is the drummer from Fleet Foxes and now has his own thing going on. Worth a listen if you haven't.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Love that photo! And I'm the same way with assignments, I need to slog away at them (especially essays) but in somethings I can just breeze through!

    ReplyDelete
  6. If you love that kind of folk sound, you will love the Avett Brother's Carpenter album. Every song is like pure gold. Go get it :)

    Thanks for the sweet comment on my blog! :D

    ReplyDelete
  7. Yes Yes Yes. Your music taste. Just yes. I don't really know what to recommend because it seems like you've got it all sorted really :') ♥

    ReplyDelete
  8. Love mellow-y guitar-y music, your playlist looks pretty damn good to me! As Erin has said, The Avett Brothers are awesome. That sunset is also incredible, gorgeous picture! x

    ReplyDelete
  9. I really love most of those songs! You should check out Freelance Whales :)

    ReplyDelete
  10. So many of my favourites there! Will definitely check out the rest. Thanks for dropping by my blog and leaving such a sweet comment by the way, I'm so glad I came across yours as a result. Absolutely ADORE your blog Vic, love your photos!

    ReplyDelete
  11. That's a lovely selection of music. I really like The Shins when I'm working - nice and upbeat without being distracting. I have to slog for good grades too, it really is annoying!
    http://elettravelle.blogspot.co.uk

    ReplyDelete

Thank you so much for taking the time to leave a comment - I love getting to know you guys and I really appreciate each and every note you leave!

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...