February, you're a short month but you seem to have lasted forever. Is it just me that thinks that? Quite a lot of goals this month, but I did pretty well (in my opinion).
In February I chose to:
1. Stop biting my nails - I'm terrible for this. I do it without even realising. And yes, I know its disgusting, but its a hard habit to break. However... I actually have nails right now so I'm considering this a success.
2. Eat clean - I had a bit of a blip in the middle of the month when large amounts of pizza was consumed (hi there Valentines day offers...) but overall I'm pretty pleased. My downfall is days when I get back late and I'm tired, because all I feel like cooking is pasta.
3. Get back into running - I ran more in February than I did in January, but I wouldn't say that I'm back into a regular routine. I am loving the lighter mornings though, I can run really early before anyone else is awake & for some reason I really love that.
4. Be more intentional with the media I consume - I'm making progress. This goal partly came from a desire to try and live more simply - to reduce the things in my life only to what's necessary and that I enjoy. Watching TV programmes just for the sake of it, or reading blog posts that have stacked up 'just to get through them' doesn't really fit with that. We don't have a TV license this year so I'm spending far less time watching programmes that I don't really have an interest in & I've had a big 'blog purge' so I'm only reading things that genuinely inspire me. I've found that I've had a lot more time for the things I want to spend my time on (like reading) and that can only be good.
5. Simplicity - Simplicity isn't a goal that can ever be acheived (in my opinion) but its something I'm really striving to cultivate in my day-to-day life and I think I'm getting a little bit better at it all the time.
6. To stay on top of lecture notes - Erm... to be fair,this was more of a conscious decision - I've decided to focus more on getting all the lecture reading done than writing my notes up. Have I kept up to date with reading? No. But I'm not far behind...
7. To get reading again - Oh yes! I've been making an effort to read for a bit every night before I go to bed. I'm deliberately not reading books I know I'm going to find really difficult to put down (because then I don't sleep...) but I've been using it as an opportunity to read things that are easy to pick up and put down. Is anyone actually interested in what I read? I don't want to bore you all to tears banging on about it, but I do really like books...
8. To take more pictures than I did in January - Mission accomplished. Partly due to a timelapse that took nearly 600 pictures to put together, but even excluding that I was up on January.
Conclusion? Pretty damn good.
Did any of you make February goals? What were they? How did you do?