lkj

21 April 2013

The MP3 experiment

I didn't take my 'big' camera so I had to make do with my phone. This park is unbelievably gorgeous in the sun.
Earlier this week (Tuesday) Hazel, Rich, Holly, Owen, Wenhui and I took part in the Weston Park MP3 Experiment. It was organised by the Union but inspired by the Improv Everywhere events. We had to sign up a couple of days before were emailed 24 hours in advance with a link to an MP3 track to download. We were meant to sync our phones/watches/whatever to the clock on the Union website said (I forgot) so that everyone could press 'play' at the same time. We got there a little early and spent a good 5 minutes trying to figure out who else was taking part and why we'd been asked to wear particular colours. We were also asked to bring an umbrella, a pen, a banana and a plastic bag. I still have no idea why we needed a pen, an umbrella and a plastic bag...

So 6pm rolled round and we pressed play, some crazy music came on & we started being given instructions by a super creepy mechanical voice (named Dave). Wenhui and I were sharing headphones and we didn't realise that I'd pressed play about 10 seconds after everyone else... until everyone else froze and we were still attempting to walk backwards without walking into anyone. Oops. The whole thing last about half an hour and it was such a laugh. It didn't take long before people who weren't involved figured out that something was going on, but there were some hilarious looks of confusion to start with. At the end of it all, everyone taking part met on the concourse and there was a BBQ and music etc. It absolutely made my day when they played "I knew you were trouble" and everyone made the goat noise. So. Funny. Have you seen the goat remix? Its hilarious.

We spent the rest of the evening in the pub that overlooks the lake, where I consumed the most horrifically disgusting pizza I have ever come across. On the flip side, the bar staff had absolutely no idea what they were doing so when Hazel went to get us drinks she managed to get us 2 pints of cider for £2. Bargain. The free chocolate fudge cake I was given when I complained didn't hurt either...

It was so nice to just get out of the house, away from my desk and just hang out in the sun. More evenings like this please!

4 comments:

  1. that sounds like a great way to spend an evening (save the vile pizza). Must remember this idea for Brownies!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Sounds like fun! I bet you looked hilarious x

    ReplyDelete
  3. That sounds hilarious, your photos are cracking as well! Also, goat remix of Trouble is possibly better than the original... xxx

    ReplyDelete
  4. Oh my god that sounds brilliant!! And £1 cider and free chocolate cake can only be winners. xx

    ReplyDelete

Thank you so much for taking the time to leave a comment - I love getting to know you guys and I really appreciate each and every note you leave!

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...