lkj

06 June 2013

Pin it Forward!

I am a huge Pinterest fan & I've been using it for quite a while now (since early 2011?) Somewhere around there anyway - I managed to get hold of an invite around the same time that I started blogging. I didn't really 'get it' to start with, but now? Now I am hooked. When I got the email asking me to be a part of the UK campaign I was really excited - I think it'll be great to have the whole experience a little bit more tailored.

I always find it a bit hard to explain exactly what I use it for - does anyone else have this problem?! I guess the simplest way to put it is that I use it to collect ideas to refer back to and as a source of inspiration. I try to only pin stuff that I really love or that I think are really helpful. I also try to only ever pin images that link to original sources - sometimes this means hunting around a bit to find it, but I think its so important that the creator of an image is credited. My favourite board right now is my Photography Inspiration board - its a collection of images that I find really make me want to improve my photography and give me ideas for different things to try etc. Its also really helping me to refine my own style - identifying what I'm drawn to in other images is helping me to steer my own work in the right direction.


Something else I love about Pinterest is being able to follow other people who have similar interests/aesthetics to me - I know there are all these 'rules' about not flooding other peoples feeds, but personally I love it when someone I follow goes on a pinning spree!

As part of the campaign I also get to hand you over to three other bloggers! First up is Nina - she blogs here and pins over here. She's a wallpaper stylist and there are so many colour/pattern combinations to check out on her boards! Second up is Hayley who blogs here and pins here. She has some great looking baking recipes - I've currently got my eye on a couple of cookie dough recipes! Last (and by no means least) is Laura who blogs here and pins here - I'm a particular fan of her 'Inspired Living' board - so many ideas for houses I'll never be able to afford...

If you haven't signed up for Pinterest yet then you can do so here - and please leave me your links!! 

3 comments:

  1. I fell in love with Pinterest recently, can't get enough of it right now :) xxx

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thanks for participating in Pin It Forward UK, Vic! Your boards are filled with amazing inspirations and ideas that you have discovered on Pinterest! It's great that you have been able to find other pinners on Pinterest who have the same interests as you do! I love your photography board, especially the photo of The Milky Way above Grand Canyon National Park! This park is on my list of places to go this year and the picture is absolutely stunning! Lauren, Community Coordinator

    ReplyDelete
  3. Oh thank you for mentioning me :) x

    ReplyDelete

Thank you so much for taking the time to leave a comment - I love getting to know you guys and I really appreciate each and every note you leave!

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...